The Colorado Natural Heritage Program ("CNHP"), a sponsored program of Colorado State University and the Geospatial Centroid of Colorado State University ("us", "we", or "our") operate http://comap.cnhp.colostate.edu/ (the "Site").
Use of the Site and the content contained herein is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the Agreement) between you and CNHP. Your registration at this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
Registered users that fail to adhere to these guidelines are subject to termination without a refund.
Data Use and Disclaimer
These data are strictly "on loan" and should be considered "works in progress" as data are continually changing. Under no circumstances are data to be REDISTRIBUTED. Any party interested in COMaP data must register and download data directly from the COMaP website.
By downloading or viewing COMaP data, no right has been created to access protected lands. Many protected lands are not open to the public. Entering an area that is not open to the public subjects an individual to possible sanctions for trespass under Colorado law.
Data are continually updated. It is the sole responsibility of the User to download the latest datasets.
Due to the sensitive nature of private conservation lands, there are two cases where a derived version of COMaP must be used and these are termed Special Use cases:
- Map Services must be generated from the Map Services geodatabase, COMaP_YYYYMMDDMS.gdb. Map services cannot be downloadable and must display the PUBLIC_ACCESS attribute field. This is a separate download link.
- Users must download the Instructional Use geodatabase for classroom use. This is a separate download link.
Data maintained in the COMaP database are an integral part of ongoing research at CSU and reflect our current state of knowledge. We strive to make the dataset as comprehensive and accurate as possible, but acknowledge data gaps or errors could exist. Users need to be aware that multiple datasets were used to create COMaP. These data are acquired from various sources, with varying levels of accuracy, and are continually being updated and revised. We have made every effort to standardize data inputs. We do not provide the original datasets from our primary data source providers.
COMaP users will provide acknowledgement for COMaP data where appropriate. The correct citation for COMaP is as follows:
Colorado Natural Heritage Program and the Geospatial Centroid. YYYY. The Colorado Ownership and Protection Map (COMaP). Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO. Accessed via the internet at https://comap.cnhp.colostate.edu on MM/DD/YYYY.
All use of the material, data and information is at the user's sole risk. CNHP is in no way condoning or endorsing the application of this data for any given purpose. It is the sole responsibility of the user to determine whether or not the data is suitable for the intended purpose. By using any of this material, data and information, the user agrees that CNHP is not responsible for their use of the material, data and information or the results thereof.
The data contained herein are provided on an as-is, as-available basis without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. CNHP, Colorado State University and the State of Colorado further expressly disclaim any warranty that the data are error-free or current as of the date supplied.
Copyright © 2016
Colorado State University
Colorado Natural Heritage Program
All Rights Reserved
Conditions for Website Use
1. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
2. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, flooding, spamming, mailbombing or crashing; or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the institution that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
4. CNHP will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of CNHP.
5. If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. CNHP may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. CNHP shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold CNHP, and its affiliates, and employees harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site.
6. Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which CNHP resides. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
7. CNHP makes every effort to provide you accurate information via this Web application. CNHP, its employees, and affiliates make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy of information and assume no liability for any errors or omissions in any portion of the content presented. CNHP reserves the right to change or discontinue any or all parts of this site. All information provided through this site is subject to change without prior notice at any time.
8. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and CNHP regarding the use of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing for and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and email address ("Personal Information").
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com